Wi-Fi extenders are the plug n play devices to boost Wi-Fi coverage in installed premises. With their powerful conduct, the range extenders have marked their presence in routine WI-FI usage. Netgear’s Wi-Fi range extenders have been favored by many users for its outstanding performance and extended Wi-Fi range that ensures better internet connectivity.
However, occasionally you may face many unexplained troubles with your range extenders and reset it could answer to most of such obscure problems. This article will assist you as a guide on “How to reset Netgear wifi extender?“. Read the article till the end to learn in detail.
How To Reset Netgear WiFi Extender?
There are 2 simple methods to reset your Netgear Range extenders, you can choose either of these:
1) Working with Factory Reset button or the Hard Reset.
2) Working with the web user interface (GUI) or the soft Reset.
Hard Reset for Netgear Wifi Range extenders
In this method, you will be administering your range extender device only but make sure it is plugged in and the power supply is ON. In many cases people try to reset their range extenders with “Factory Reset Button” but didn’t succeed, the reason being they follow entire process while keeping their range extender OFF i.e. without power supply. Let’s start:
1) Power On the Netgear range extender.
2) Look at the backside of your range extender device.
3) You will see a tiny hole with the name “Reset”.
4) Grab any pointed stuff like paper clip or pen.
5) Press this tiny button with the pen.
6) Keep pressing for few seconds say around 30 seconds.
7) Once the LED light starts blinking on the range extender, remove your pen.
8) After few seconds the light will become stable.
9) This will automatically reset Netgear wifi Range Extender.
10) Next, it will be rebooted.
Here you go, all done with the hard reset Netgear WiFi extender. This will result in restoring all default setting of your range extender.
Now you may visit www.mywifiext.net to set you up Netgear Wi-Fi range extender from scratch.
Soft Reset for Netgear WiFi Extenders
This is another method to reset Netgear WiFi Extender, to follow this procedure you will need:
1) Your range extender.
2) A computer.
3) An Ethernet cable.
You need to follow the below-enlisted steps to do the soft reset of your Netgear Range Extender:
1) Plug in your Netgear Extender and keep power ON.
2) Connect the Ethernet cable to both with the range extender and your computer.
3) Open your browser.
4) Go to http://myWiFiext.net the Default Netgear Gateway.
5) You may also try with Netgear’s IP Address192.168.1.250
6) At home screen, you need to log in with pre-set credentials.
7) The default Username: admin and the Password: password.
8) When you get into the web interface, you can reset the settings of your Netgear range extenders, under “Settings” section.
9) Reboot your range extender, once done with changes in settings and saving them.
As mentioned in the previous method, set up your range extender by going to Default Netgear Gateway http://myWiFiext.net or by using their IP address.
We provide setup for all Netgear Extenders
How to connect my Wi-Fi devices to Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extenders (Manually)?
Another important concern of Wi-Fi extenders is to get these properly connected to our Wi-Fi devices. If your Wi-Fi device doesn’t connect securely with Range extenders then the Range extenders are useless. This section will explain “How to connect your Wi-Fi devices manually to the installed Netgear Range extenders.”
Condition: Your NETGEAR Wi-Fi Extender is installed properly and is securely connected to the router and is receiving a valid IP address.
This process could further have 2 situations to deal with, which you need to be clear about, before starting the manual set up:
1) If you have NETGEAR Wi-Fi Extender with an Ethernet port.
2) If you have NETGEAR Wi-Fi Extender without Ethernet port.
In case your range extender has an Ethernet port
To start understanding this process you need to follow the below-given steps:
1) Start your computer.
2) Power ON your Range Extenders.
3) Use an Ethernet cable to connect both the computer and your extender by inserting it’s both ends to the respective ports.
4) In your web browser type the http://myWiFiext.net. in the address bar.
5) A login page will be open up.
6) Fill in the default login values: Username: admin, Password: password. (These values are case sensitive.)
7) Look for “Wireless Settings” under “Set up”, once you get into the portal.
Note: The condition to get your Wi-Fi device connected to Range extender is the common password, which both devices are supposed to use.
8) Go to “Security Options”.
9) Check the “Network Key” field.
10) The password here should be same as of your routers.
11) In case it’s not the same, change it and type the same password.
12) Click on the “Apply” button to save settings.
13) Try to reconnect your Wi-Fi device again to your Wi-Fi range extenders.
If you have NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender without an Ethernet port
The second case is to connect your Wi-Fi devices with the Range extender without having an Ethernet port; let’s see how to do this:
1) To work with this type of Wi-Fi range extender, you need to reset the range extender to its “factory default settings.”
2) Look at the side panel of your Netgear range extender device, you will see a factory reset button.
3) Press this button continuously for around 10 seconds.
4) Now through Wi-Fi connection to your NETGEAR Wi-Fi extender.
5) Follow step 5 onwards till the end. The rest of the process is same as in the case of Netgear range extender with Ethernet Port.
Any unfortunate day, if you couldn’t succeed to reset Netgear wifi extender by following the above-mentioned process. Or you didn’t understand the connecting Wi-Fi devices with the Netgear’s range extenders; simply contact the Netgear range extender support team at 877-213-7013.