“Netgear” is the name, Yess!! Netgear wireless routers have grabbed top notch position in the wireless market, since so many years. The credit goes to its ever-improving performance.
But you might have faced some problems while working with Netgear routers that resulted in frustration.
Although every problem you experience with Netgear router doesn’t deserve so much concern. As with little knowledge or troubleshooting tips you can get these fixed easily.
There is a common set of problems users usually complain about is: My Netgear router is not detecting the modem, Unable to see the Netgear wireless connect after completion of its set up and the list goes on.
Well, not to worry much, following in this write-up, you will learn about few common problems with Netgear wireless router. And some troubleshooting tips to fix them.
This article will surely make the troublesome issues quite easier to understand & will allow you to administer the situation at your own.
Later in this article, we will be discussing the following problems with Netgear routers, along with their solutions:
4 Common Problems With Netgear Routers
Netgear Firmware Update – The Process
NETGEAR’s best part is; it regularly issues firmware updates to improve their product’s performance.
These updates always provide some extended features, which ensure the new version to perform better in comparison to the last.
If there is an update released you will get to know while logging on to http://routerlogin.net. A flashing message will be showing up on the dashboard announcing new firmware release.
You need to follow few steps to update your router:
- It is recommended to use Ethernet connection between your computer and the router while updating your firmware.
- Open any web browser on your computer or Wi-Fi device with the network connection.
- Go to URL http://www.routerlogin.net.
- The home screen on this web page will ask for your router’s username and password.
- Both are case sensitive so fill the information carefully.
- Next click on Administration tab under the “Advanced” option.
- Look for “Firmware Update” or “Router Update” button, click on it.
- You need to click on “Check” so as to make router look for any firmware update.
- If it’s available you will be asked to download it, click “YES” to start downloading.
- Automatically the router will download the firmware and begins with updating the old version.
The router will restart automatically, once the upload is complete. It usually takes 3-5 minutes in total to get this update process done completely.
Don’t forget to read the notes published along with the new firmware version, to check if the router needs to be reconfigured.
Points to remember
- Don’t interrupt the updating process by closing your browser, or clicking any link, or switching to new tab/site.
- The default username is “admin” & password is “password” and these are case sensitive.
If your update process got stuck or didn’t complete for any reason, just call us at our toll-free number 877-690-9305, we will help you to get this done.
What If Netgear Router Not Showing Internet Light?
If your Netgear Router is not showing internet light that means you have no access to the internet. The problem could be temporarily or may take you enough time to get fixed.
To start with you can go with your Netgear router troubleshooting lights on your own. Sometimes a little effort can get you through and saves a lot of time & money.
If the Internet LED is not lit or blinking orange that means no internet. Sometimes the simplest way is the best way; same applies to Netgear router troubleshooting lights issues. Simply reboot everything once, following let’s see how:
- A simple reboot can fix the problem.
- Just switch off your modem & router once.
- Give it a rest, wait for few minutes.
- Switch ON the modem & router.
- A blinking light for internet connection will appear.
- It will get stable in few seconds
- If you see the stable green light that means the issue is resolved.
Unfortunately, if that didn’t solve the problem and you are still not able to see internet light on the router, Next You may refer to router manual that you got along.
Check the Router manual, you will surely get help.
Follow the given instructions.
Most probably the “Netgear Router Not Showing Internet Light” issue will get fixed.
Once again try Switching OFF & back ON, to check if a stable internet light appears or not.
Again no internet light???? Awww!! Bad day, No problem, don’t feel depressed you should try the manual set up once, click here to learn how it works. It is complete technical step by step guide to Netgear’s router troubleshoot the light issue.
Another easiest way to get this problem fixed is, get technical support from our qualified engineers, call us at 877-690-9305.
What If Netgear Wireless Router is not Working?
If your Netgear Router doesn’t work or stopped working or unable to connect to the Internet, there could be many root cause which resulted in the failure of its working.
You need not be a technical expert to troubleshoot your router issues but at least you should give it a try to handle the minor issue before rushing to seek an expert advice.
Following you can learn 4 different level of troubleshooting tricks if your Netgear router is not working:
Basic Netgear Router troubleshooting:
- This includes plugging out all cable & placing them back.
- Switch OFF &ON the router and modem once.
- Checking if all cables are well set in right ports.
- A stable Internet light on the router.
Soft Netgear router Reset:
- Directly connect your computer to the router.
- After logging in with your credentials.
- Go to www.routerlogin.net, or 192.168.0.1 or www.routerlogin.com Or 192.168.1.1, whichever works.
- Choose “Revert to Factory Default settings” this will reset the settings automatically.
- You may need to reboot the router.
Hard Netgear Router Set Up
- At the back of the router, there is “Reset Key” use something pointed like pen tip or paper pin to press the “Reset Key”
- Keep pressing for 20-30 seconds.
- Restart the router & try set up again.
Update your Router’s Firmware
Quite possible that you are using an old version of router firmware and you never look into it for its updating. It’s obvious that the old version will result in some problems when working with the latest technology.
Try to log in your account & explore if there is an updated firmware version is available.
Refer to the 1st section of this article to learn more about how to update the router firmware.
If nothing helps you to get these issues fixed, or you want to learn about any other problems with Netgear routers, you can contact us via email, or call us at 877-213-7013.
What If Netgear Router is Unable to Connect the Internet?
Have you recently lost your Internet access while working? And your Netgear router is unable to connect to the internet again? People usually discuss this issue. This may be a timely glitch, which could easily be resolved. Or this may be a serious concern for which you need to have technical support. Following let’s see few troubleshooting steps:
- If you are unable to access the Internet, contact your ISP.
- Then you should Log in to the router.
- Make sure all cables are connected securely to the router & computer.
- The Internet LED should be lit on the router; if it is not then you need to troubleshoot this issue first.
- Using Ethernet cable router, ensure their respective lights are lit.
- If it is not, try the cable in another slot, if it still doesn’t work, troubleshoot this issue first. Learn how to do it.
- Now once Power off your router and power on again with an interval of few seconds.
- Try logging into the router again, still unsuccessful?
- Better do a factory default reset once.
- Once you are logged in the router, go to router’s smart wizard and “RUN” it.
- the router’s Smart Wizard will find a dynamic IP address
- In case it doesn’t find dynamic IP, power off router & Modem wait for 1-2 minutes and turn them ON.
- Repeat Step 2
- Click the Now go to “Smart Wizard Test” button; click it to get the access to the NETGEAR online test page to confirm it’s connected to the internet now.
- If you are able to see that NETGEAR online test page that means the issue is resolved and now you are connected to the internet.
- In case the NETGEAR online test page doesn’t show up just call us to get you connected to the internet, our toll-free number is 877-213-7013.
The market is flooded with numerous options in wireless routers. And every new brand/product promises huge about its quality, easy to use & flawless performance.