Netgear is the undisputed leaders in the Wireless Routers arena. But once in a while, you will face
the problem of Netgear Router not connecting to the internet.
Why Netgear Router Not Connecting to Internet?
It could be due to the problems in the router login or set up problems with the following:
• Wireless access points,
• Wi-Fi extenders, or
• Wireless USB adapters.
The symptoms, in a nutshell, could be more or less the following:
• Unable to connect to wireless due to forgotten wireless password
• Failed to authenticate due to the wrong password
• Can’t find or remember the wireless network name or SSID
• Can’t connect to my wireless network
To have your NETGEAR router for cable/broadband internet connection properly set up a few simple
steps need to be followed. It is not a must that you should be tech savvy or qualified in networking.
Before giving those simple steps, let us understand the basics of Wi-Fi router terminology.
Netgear routers have different interfaces like
• Genie user interface
• Smart Wizard user interface,
• DSL internet connection.
• Wireless extenders
The set-up of all these is identical with mirror variations only.
NETGEAR genie user interface internet connection
If your router uses the NETGEAR genie user interface, kindly follow below mentioned steps. We
would emphasis you not to panic but follow these steps in a relaxed manner. After all, you are the
proud owner of world’s first Wi-Fi internet connection, which is still the best.
What to do when Netgear wireless Router not Working?
• Unplug the modem and router power cords.
• You have to disable the backup battery temporarily on your modem if you are using this power
• Connect the Yellow Ethernet cable from the modem to the Internet port of the router.
• Connect the grey Ethernet cable from the computer to any one of the LAN ports of the
• Reconnect the backup battery and reconnect the modem power as well.
• Wait till for all lights to become stable from blinking position.
• You can now reconnect the power of the router and wait till the power light to be solid green.
• Open a web browser and insert the router’s IP address in the address bar and press Enter, the IP
address which would be either
Netgear Wireless Router Login
Now you will be directed to log into the router.
• You may use the default username and the default password
Default Username: admin
Default Password: password
• Kindly note that the username and password are case-sensitive. (Netgear is not the same as
If the default login credentials do not allow you to proceed, you might have changed the
admin password. If you cannot remember your new password, you must perform a factory
reset to restore the router to its factory default settings.
Now you are almost ready for the bandwagon of internet usage.
• Click ADVANCED > Setup Wizard.
• Select Yes and click Next.
• The Setup Wizard will now detect the internet connection type. And it will take only a couple of
minutes to complete the process.
• Once the setup has finished configuring the internet connection, the Congratulations page will be
• Click “Take me to the Internet” for testing the internet connection.
Congrats and welcome abroad to the wonderful world of Wi-Fi seamlessly connected. If not able to connect yet your computer to internet(Netgear Router Not Connecting to Internet) contact Netegar Router Technicians +1-877-213-7013.