Netgear did revolutionize the way in which the internet connection is established- from the age-old dial-up networking system to Wi-Fi.
Netgear added flavor to the already exiting wonderful experience by introducing Netgear Genie smart app. Now speed and efficiency are at your fingertips. The Netgear Genie smart setup is simple without any complications whatsoever.
You can download Netgear Genie smart app to your device- PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone. Netgear Genie smart setup app is compatible with Window 7 onwards as well as iOS versions ten onwards.
Steps to Netgear Genie smart setup is almost same as previous Netgear smart Wizard software.
Whichever mode you want you to choose, you are getting a thrilling experience of Netgear Wi-Fi excitement.
Configuring your NETGEAR wireless adapter using NETGEAR Smart Wizard software or Netgear Genie smart setup using your NETGEAR wireless adapter for WEP and WPA encryption is also possible.
Basic System Requirements
Whereas the earlier models of NETGEAR wireless adapters use the Smart Wizard software, the latest adapter models depend on the NETGEAR genie software.
- The installation can be done by the original CD received by you along with the purchase.
- By clicking install, the Smart Wizard (or genie) software will be installed on your system.
- In case you do not have the CD, you may download the suitable software for your Netgear adapter model from the net ( http://support.netgear.com) and install it manually.
- In most of the window versions, Netgear wireless adapter software will get automatically installed.
The Netgear Genie smart setup used to resolve the problem like:
- When you fail to get connected and have access to the Internet using the NETGEAR wireless adapter,
- You are unsuccessful in configuring or setting up wireless security using the NETGEAR Smart Wizard software utility,
- When you fail to get an IP address of 0.0.0.0 on PC using NETGEAR wireless adapter that needs further examination.
Steps in configuring your NETGEAR wireless adapter with the help of NETGEAR Smart Wizard:
Given below are the instructions on how to configure and setup the NETGEAR wireless adapter using the NETGEAR Smart Wizard software utility.
To Configure Smart Wizard for WEP encryption
- Click Start > All programs> NETGEAR wireless adapter folder > select the NETGEAR Smart Wizard.
- Now the NETGEAR Smart Wizard wireless utility will appear on the gadget screen.
- By click on the Networks Tab, this will automatically scan for all the available wireless networks within your vicinity.
- You can now select the SSID of the wireless network that you want to connect > Connect button.
- Click WEP under the Security option in the setting tab and choose Enter Key Manually.
- You can insert by typing the 10 or 26 characters (Hexadecimal) keys on the space provided.
- Assign a name in the profile space to help you register these wireless network settings
- Save Profile by clicking > Apply to validate the settings.
- Now that your Wi-Fi setting is done connected check for the IP address under the about tab
Problem with Netgear incorrect password.
Even though you possess the cutting edge technology Wi-Fi browser from Netgear, once in a while you may face certain problems. One such problem will appear as the wrong password which in turn is a hindrance to your continued working on the internet. The problem could be emanating from the following reasons.
- Incorrect configuration of the router due to wrong password, passphrase or passcode. That will be a bottleneck for you to get connected to the internet wirelessly.
- It can again be a handicap when you forget the password passphrase or passcode which in turn denies access to the Wi-Fi- internet connection.
- The wrong credential will invariably block your access.
The solutions to the above problems could be the following
- You may change your router settings to the default works settings by reaccessing your router interface.
- The Netgear and the Genie need to be licentiate without which you will not be able to access the configuration page.
- Even if you have forgotten your Netgear credentials, it is not that difficult to reset them to the default value. This can be the password, passphrase or access code.
- However in case, you could not reset your credential, you are always welcome to contact Netgear support which is working on a 24×7 basis. They should be able to guide you simply the steps you have to take in resolving the issue.
They should be able to identify the problem instantly and suggest remedial actions. After all that you are looking for is a problem solver and not a jargon builder. You can get solutions through phone, email or chat as per your convenience.
Netgear Genie Smart Setup
The following steps are required to get connected to Netgear Wi-Fi router using Netgear Genie smart setup. First of all, you may go to go to the profile of Wi-Fi router extender setup.
There are a couple of LED lights on the front panel of the Netgear wireless range extender. Some lights are common to all models whereas some as specific to that model.
You have to make sure that the Netgear extender is connected to your existing Wi-Fi network just like you would have done for any Wi-I devise.
How to configure Smart Wizard for WPA encryption?
- Click Start > All Programs > NETGEAR wireless adapter folder then >select NETGEAR Smart Wizard.
- When the NETGEAR Smart Wizard wireless utility appears on your desktop screen, you may click on the Networks Tab. You will get an automatic scan for all the available wireless networks within the vicinity. You may choose the SSID of the wireless network that you plan to connect and click on the connect button.
- Under the Security option on the Settings tab, select WPA.
- You may insert the WPA password/passphrase inside the empty field next to the WPA drop-down menu.
- To save the profile settings in the Profiles field, assign a name to help you remember this wireless network setting in the future and then click Save Profile.
- Next Click Apply to validate the settings.
As you are connected to the network wirelessly, it is time to check IP address by going to the About tab and check.
Advantage NETGEAR genie smart set up
TheeNETGEAR smart genie is the latest from the arsenals of Netgear.
When you enable the remote access feature, you can access your network through NETGEAR genie setup even when away from home. With the unique genie features, you can need to diagnose and the sole problem with your tablet or smartphone regarding network issues, Restarting the system may solve the problem as well provide guest access, look at the network map, and even reboot your router.
NETGEAR genie app
With the NETGEAR genie app, you can
- Modify network settings,
- Diagnose and repair network issues,
- Monitor wireless devices,
- Setup Parental Controls etc.,
Windows can be a hassle and installation can sometimes be tedious at best. You simply want your hardware to work and with the best performance!
NETGEAR ROUTER – CONFIGURATION FOR CABLE INTERNET CONNECTION WITH NETGEAR GENIE
Netgear has made it possible for everyone to connect to the internet via their smartphones, tablet or personal devices. However, those who are new to using a Netgear router may find it a bit confusing especially if they are using a cable internet connection. Our experts at Netgear technical support have come up with an easy-to-follow guide for you to easily configure your router using Netgear Genie.
Guide for configuring cable internet connection
Disconnect the modem and router power cords. In case you have a backup battery on the modem then removes it for temporarily. Then connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the Internet port of the router.
Now you can connect to an Ethernet cable from the computer to any one of the LAN ports of the router. The router’s IP address which should be either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press Enter.
Next, you need to log in both username and password. The default username is admin and password is password. Please remember that both the username and password are case-sensitive.
The Setup will finish configuring the internet connection. Now click on take me to the internet to test the connection speed.
The proper Netgear genie setup paves the way as the perfect option for a great web browsing experience.
Netgear Range Extenders
There are many why the internet speed fluctuates even to the lowest level. It can be due to bad or loose connections. Maybe a Netgear extender can be useful to solve the problem. Extenders are network connection boosters.
Netgear range extender performs an essential part in system setting, and it empowers you to associate a few PCs to the Internet without utilizing links which could be related from any location.
If you have multiple PCs, then you should introduce Wi-Fi extenders for a smooth and trouble-free system connection.
It is annoying for anyone to experience poor or no internet wireless connectivity, but a proper look at the problem or reconfiguring or even restarting the system may solve the issue. It is not the end of the road at all. A proper Netgear genie smart setup shall be the solution.