The outdated version of the router can give an invitation to various serious security threats. vulnerabilities and loopholes can give an easy entry to unauthorized users on your network which can cause serious security issues. Thus it is very important to have a regular check on router updates. Linksys routers are one of the most reliable routers available in the market, these routers are quite popular among the users for delivering high-speed internet connectivity. Cisco manufactures the Linksys routers and releases the new Linksys Router Update periodically to ensure that routers remain safe and reliable to use.
For Linksys Router Update, you can follow the below given instructions:
- Fetch the router’s model number and version details from the bottom of your router.
- Visit the Cisco Linksys Support website.
- Enter the model number in the text bar. When you start typing, you will able to see the different model numbers in a menu. Click the model number of your router.
- Click on the download tab. Select the “dropdown” menu and choose your “hardware version” number. Scan the firmware version available and compare this version with the version number of your router. If the version number is same or lower then no update is available. If the version is higher then, download the link and click on “save file” and “save”. Now, save the file on the desktop.
- Visit http://192.168.1.1. Enter the username and password.
- Click on “administration” tab. Now, click the backup and configuration button to save the present settings. Click on “save file” and “ok”.
- Now, you need to click on the “Firmware Upgrade” tab present in the “secondary navigation” ba. Click on browse for locating the upgrade file. Select “open” the “start upgrade” and “continue”. The router will reboot and get reconnected to the network automatically.
By following the given steps, you can easily update the Linksys router. In case, if there is any issue or concern, you can call at Linksys contact number for the customer support.